Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yay! Today I finished my last day of inpatient therapy at Metro! I am so excited to get the hell out of this place and be home. I also got a wheelchair to take home today. It's just a temporary wheelchair until I get my own wheelchair for keeps. The lady asked me if I wanted a colored wheelchair. Duh, I want pink. I definitely won't miss being in this hospital with all 70 year olds, but I will miss my therapists. They helped me out so much. Now I'm getting around with no hassle. Making dad pay for his mistake of putting the idea in my head and then not going through with it tomorrow on the way home from the hospital. After I get out of Metro I have to go back to the Clinic for an appointment with my oncologist. Then I will get to go to my favorite place, the mall. It will feel so good to be home. Hopefully my friends don't think that I can't go places and do things because I just got my leg amputated. I'm still pretty mobile. And I think if I don't take any of my pain meds I can still drink a beer or two to celebrate America :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alexandra - I'm so glad to see you're in high spirits... I know we don't know each other, but I've been thinking of you ever since Marlo Bernardi and her mother shared your story.

    Can you do me a big favor and ask someone at Metro to forward along any mail you receive to your home address?! Or find a way to get it to you one way or another?

    I sent a little something on behalf of everyone at LIVESTRONG.

    We're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete