Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Today I went to the Cleveland Clinic to see Dr. Joyce, my surgeon. He looked at my incision and that was it. He called another doctor and I finally got my shrinker! It's a sock-like thing that goes over my leg to decrease the swelling and help shape the residual limb for the prosthesis. My dad planted this idea in my head that after we meet with Dr. Joyce I could go to Tower City and get this pair of shoes I've been wanting since I have been wearing my mom's shoes for therapy. Well my mom and dad insisted that therapy would be more important than going to the mall, I thought the mall was more important, but I had them both bitching at me so I came back to Metro just in time for a therapy session. I came back with no shoes. What the fuck. And all I did in therapy was stand up for an hour and do puzzles while standing. Whoop de do. Having a new pair of Nike's on would have been way cooler. Not sure why, but that made me super upset. Obviously I am in need for some serious retail therapy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to hear that you're making so much progress!

    ReplyDelete